Explores the process of detoxification – the link of our internal and external environments to health
In this Module, we’ll cover detoxification -or the biotransformation of endogenous and exogenous compounds, along with how genomics plays a role. Here you’ll bring forth what you’ve learned in Modules 2, 3, 4, and 5 to see how each of these systems also contribute to how effectively the biotransformation systems function.
• Understanding toxins and the role of biotransformation.
• Review of phase 1 and phase 2 detoxification.
• Advanced understanding of phase 3 and phase 4 detoxification.
• Role of free radical scavengers.
• Genes Associated with Detoxification Pathways and Examples of Nutrigenomic Interventions.
• Laboratory Testing and Biomarkers.
• Case Studies.
The instructors for this program are Joe Veltmann, PhD FAAIM DCCN and Roberta Kline MD.
By participating in this course, you agree to the following conditions:
All materials provided in this course are protected by copyright, and use of materials for commercial purposes, removal of copyright statements, sharing by copying, electronic transmission, or by any other means without written consent is strictly prohibited. You may use appropriate materials for clinical use with clients and patients.